Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Cronut


I have been dying to try a cronut for quite a while now. For those of you who do not know what a cronut is... a cronut is a mix between a croissant and donut. All that deliciousness was created by Dominique Ansel this past spring in New York City. From what I've seen on Instagram and twitter, these things are a hot commodity. People line up at the crack of dawn to secure one of the 200 cronuts made by Mr. Ansel each day. I have read that people have sold their cronut for $40 on the internet! Yesterday, I reached an all time high in my need to try a cronut. The Madison Square Park Shake Shack and Dominique Ansel teamed up to make cronut concretes. Like, come on! I can only imagine what that does to your taste buds. Unfortuantely, I am a long way away from NYC, so I'll have to keep dreaming of when I get to try a cronut for the first time. 

Photo by Richard Drew

No comments: